THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Monday, September 7, 2009

Keith & Sheila From Tulsa Visit 9-6/7-09

Labor Day Weekend was this weekend and most everybody was out somewhere visiting and riding their motorcycles. Bud is still recovering from his injuries he received when he went down in Gainesville last Sunday, (See the Purcell PGR Mission Post below) , and I am recovering from the Gastric Bypass operation I had last Monday. My good friend and fellow Blue Knight & fellow PGR member from Tulsa Oklahoma, Keith & his wife, Sheila, were out and about on their Harley and came down to check on Bud & I. They arrived Sunday, 9-6-09, spent the night with us, and left this morning, Monday, 9-7-09. Scroll down and join us for this two day Holiday get together and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.


















Keith called me when he & Sheila got to Wichita Falls and I gave him final directions to the house. He said they were on the way so I went out, opened the garage door, got a chair and waited.


A short time later, I heard the sounds of their Harley and soon after, they pulled around the corner.



I called Bud and let him know Keith & Sheila had arrived, so he drove over and we sat around and talked. Here is Bud & Sheila as he relates, to the best of his memory, the accident, the aftermath and how he is now. (He is still very sore)



Here is Keith, as we sit around the living room talking



A short time later, Bud has to leave. Here are me (yep, I had a brainfart and shaved), Bud & Keith




Here is Janice & Bud and Keith & Sheila












me & Janice and Keith & Sheila. I am still off the bike for 7 more weeks but when I get back on, Janice & I are heading up to Tulsa Oklahoma and visiting Keith & Sheila. Tulsa is about 4 hours or so North of Wichita Falls. Straight up I-44.







Sheila & Keith talk to Bud as he gets ready to leave








Bud gets ready to head home. He had a concussion at the accident and still can only be up & around for short periods of time. Plus his bruised ribs are still bothering him









Here is Keith & Sheila's Harley Ultra Classic in the garage. I have Ms. Clone in the corner in front of Keith's bike. In the very near future, it will be my Harley in the garage. Janice is still after me to buy an Ultra Classic.










Bud gets in his truck and heads to the house. Hopefully by the time I get released to ride again, they will have his bike fixed or he will have his new bike. He is still debating on whether or not to buy a new one.












Monday morning, today, we all got up and went to breakfast. Prior to leaving we went out front and Keith & Sheila enjoyed the nice cool weather and the geese, dove and assorted other critters in the area. I latched onto a baby gecko (lizard) and Sheila & I played with it for awhile. Janice hates gecko's. She calls them snakes with feet.








Keith out front this morning, about 0800 hrs.








We went to one of our favorite breakfast places, Pioneer of Texas (formerly the Pump Jack) and ate breakfast. Well, Janice, Sheila & Keith ate. I drank water and sipped down some decaf coffee. Here are Sheila & Keith inside. For more on the Diner see these links: http://recenter.tamu.edu/mnews/newsSearch.asp?MODE=MNEWS&CID=44538 and http://www.yellowpages.com/info-21680327/Pioneer-Texas-Diner/maps?from=qpibp-nonmi







Sheila & Keith at the entrance to the Historic Pioneer of Texas Diner.











We get back to the house & Keith wanted to see my "Cactus Garden". This Prickly Pear Cactus started out as just one of those round things I call pancakes. It has grown to this in just three years.











As Keith & Sheila load the bike to leave, Keith lets Janice look at his Smith & Wesson feather -lite .38 cal revolver he carries with him. I might as well fess up too. I carry a Walther .380 PPK/S with me AT ALL TIMES, on the bike and off, I have used hand guns in my line of work since 1977 (and trained with assault rifles since 1970) and I will not hesitate to use this one, if the situation calls for it. We used to have a saying and I still pass it on to everyone: "It is far better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six".




Keith makes the final adjustments as Sheila is inside getting the water bottles







Keith & Sheila just prior to leaving. Keith went over the Harley with Janice prior to leaving and Janice feels about the Ultra now like I feel about the Road King & Heritage Softails. I fear Janice may win this disagreement and we will end up with an Ultra Classic.








Keith & Sheila head down the street on the start of the 400 mile ride home. This will conclude this post. I thoroughly enjoyed Keith & Sheila's visit and seeing them again. I am glad Bud could make it over to see Keith, as they first met at the PGR Mission in Purcell, and it was on the way back to Texas from that Mission, that Bud went down in Gainesville Texas. Keith was extremely worried about Bud as were many others up in Oklahoma. Keith also checked on how I was doing following the surgery. Thanks for coming down and checking on us, Keith. It was appreciated more than you will ever know and it was GREAT meeting Sheila. Ride Safe & we will see you again, soon.
Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN





















1 comment:

  1. great post john. i am happy to see that you are out and about already!! hope that you have all had a fantastic holiday weekend and that you continue your speedy recoveries!! best wishes to you and yours this labor day...

    ReplyDelete