THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Friday, April 2, 2010

CAST #3, THE FINAL CAST 4-2-10

On Tuesday, March 30,2010, I went back to the Doc to get my cast cut off and another put one. I had had one cast on for one week, this black cast on for two weeks and today I will be getting my third and final cast that I will have to wear until April 28, 2010. So, scroll down and check the healing of the foot (it may be nasty looking to some) and my new cast. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.





Here is the nurse cutting off the cast. They use this blade that vibrates and will cut thru casts but if it touches flesh, it stops and won't cut.



The stitches on the inside of the foot. The Doc says it is healing nicely but he was going to leave the stitches in until April 28.


These are the inside stitches. The dried blood on the bottom of the foot is from the stitches area there, that some blood seeped thru.


The top of the foot. The rod put inside the foot has straightened the toes out. Doc says if they stay like this, he may not have to go back in and break, pin and plate the toes. I hope they stay just like this... I definitely don't want to have to go thru another surgery or more down time



The stitches on the bottom of my right heel. Must of bled pretty good for the amount of dried blood.




Another view of the inside stitches. There was some concern about the foot being bright red but the Doc says that is common with foot surgeries and not an infection.





As I sit there waiting for my new cast both Janice & the nurse dare me to let them put on a pink cast.






I gave them my answer and the nurse starts to put on my final 4 week cast.







Yep..I took the dare and had her put a pink cast on. I must've had an enormous "brain fart" to do that.








The final product, my new flamingo pink cast. I was having second thoughts about it, even though it was too late, and then I perked up. This would be my way of supporting Breast Cancer Awareness. So far, most of the comments have been positive and I am getting a good ribbing about it from the guys..
Hopefully, when they take this one off, the rehab won't take long and I can be back on the Harley & in the wind again...
Please continue to pray for our troops both in and out of harms way. Pray for Pattie (in Korea) and Steffanie, my niece, (in the Iraqi Theatre)
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE RIDES, EVENTS & RUNS. REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE "OLDER POSTS" LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE FOR MORE OF THE SAME.
YOU CAN ACCESS NORTH TEXAS BIKERS (1) AND NORTH TEXAS BIKERS II AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS: NORTH TEXAS BIKERS AT www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com (Jan 08-Nov 08) ; NORTH TEXAS BIKERS II AT www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com (Nov 08-Jul 09)
Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, keep the rubber on the road, keep your head on a 360 degree swivel, and above all else: RIDE SAFE.......JOHN










No comments:

Post a Comment