THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Friday, May 28, 2010

ECTOR GETS A HARLEY!! 5-29-10



Yesterday, Friday, 5-28-10, I got a call from a good friend of ours, Ector. He wanted to know if I was gonna be home in the afternoon because he wanted to show me something. Ector is one of those people that have the God given gift of hand carving. He can take a tree limb or chunk of wood and make a masterpiece out of it. He also paints (he's an artist too) and does leather work. So, I thought he was coming over to show me a carving or something. So, scroll down and see what Ector wanted to show me and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE





You can imagine my surprise, when I went out and Ector showed me his Harley he had just bought (for a song & a dance, I might add).


Ector & I had been trying to hook up and go on some runs but something always seemed to prevent it. Now, he is ready to go. He took the motorcycle course out at Vernon College, got his m/c endorsement & finally found a great deal on a bike. This is a 2005 Harley Custom Sportster 1200 cc. He has that bike clean and shiny!!


Here is Ector over at the house.


Ector is on the North Texas Bikers ride notification list and is ready to do some good rides. I, of course, am still grounded by the Doc until July 7th, then I will be able t0 ride with him. But you will be seeing him on this blog as he starts riding with us.





Ector getting ready to head out. He was pretty comfortable even though it was 95 degrees out




Here is another pic of Ector getting ready to go. I gave him a Gremlin Bell that I took off of my Harley when Russ got me a new bell. SO, the bell has been on 3 bikes since it was put to work in 2001. It protected 3 of us and now, it will protect Ector.. Besides, Ector is now a part of the brotherhood and it's staying in the family, as it were





Ector fired up the Harley and it had a real good sound.






And here is Ector leaving the house for parts unknown. Ride Safe, Bro!!







I mentioned at the beginning of this post that Ector was an artist with wood, paintings, leatherworks etc. He made me a beautiful cane several years back and he also makes those Indian flutes as well as an assortment of other items. Janice told me that on his lunch hour, Ector will go to the stairwell at city hall and play soothing songs on the flute.. So, whatever your needs are, contact him and see if he can fulfill your request. I will personally vouch for him. He is a good engineer, an Outstanding artist and a great friend.
This will conclude this post. Thank you Ector for coming over and showing me your new ride. It won't be long until I get cut loose and then we will do some riding!!
Scroll down for more rides, runs & events and don't forget to click on the "OTHER POSTS" link at the bottom of EACH page or right under the last post on the page.
You can access to NORTH TEXAS BIKERS & NORTH TEXAS BIKERS II at the following links: www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com and www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com
Please continue to pray for our troops, both in and out of harms way, especially Pattie (Korea) and my niece Steffanie (Iraq/Afghanistan theatre)
Until the next post, ya'll be careful out there, keep the rubber on the road, keep your head on a 360 degree swivel and most of all: RIDE SAFE!
Have a great Memorial Weekend and take the time to thank a Vet and remember those who died for our freedom........................John







No comments:

Post a Comment