THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Friday, January 1, 2010

Keith's December Visit 1-1-10

Tuesday, 12-29-09, my friend Keith & his wife Sheila, from Tulsa Oklahoma, called and said they were making a run down to Wichita Falls Texas to see me and pick up some flag mounts & flags from Russ that Keith was going to mount on his Harley Ultra Classic. They also brought their 80 lb German Shepherd, Tina, with them. So, scroll on down and see what we did Wednesday. Unfortunately & uncharacteristic of me, I did not get any pictures of Sheila or Tina, as I did not have my camera with me when we were all together. I hope Sheila forgives me & Tina doesn't bite me, next time we are all together, for my oversight. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.





Wednesday morning, 12-30-09, Keith came by my house & picked me up in his truck and we went over & met up with Russ and picked up the bike flags & mounts and then went to breakfast & then down to Red River Harley Davidson...Here are the flags & mounts that Keith bought from Russ. I think Keith opted for two American flags instead of the Texas flag, he being from Oklahoma... Also, this is Russ's former Ultra Classic. He has a 2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited Edition now. You can see it on some of the past blogs as you scroll down.



After breakfast, we all went down to Red River Harley Davidson to check out the after Christmas sales. Here is Keith with Choyce. Choyce is one of the great salesmen at the dealership. For more info on Red River Harley Davidson, see this link: http://www.redriverharley-davidson.com/

They still had the blue/silver Road King on the show room floor.



As well as the bike I really like, this 2010 Heritage Softail Classic. Although, my Heritage is black, I still like the blue/gray or blue/silver paint schemes.




Some of the other 2010 Harley models on the showroom floor





A 2010 Harley Ultra Classic Screamin' Eagle






The Screamin' Eagle logo on the Air Cleaner of the 2010 Ultra Classic. I think the Screamin' Eagles come with a 110 cu. in. motor







I went looking for my favorite sales girl and found her hard at work. This is Wendi. She and the rest of the folks were getting ready for inventory.








We went looking for t-shirts & hats. Here are Keith & Russ back by the leathers






I introduced Keith to all the sales staff and this is Keith & Amber. Amber is the Motor clothes supervisor.






And here is Keith with the rest of the staff working today. All of the girls are knowledgeable, friendly and know their job inside & out and I enjoy visiting with them. Luckily, they all tolerate me. This is, left to right: Ginger, Keith, Ashley & Samantha. Wendi wasn't in this pic because she had gone to lunch just prior to this.






Russ departed to take care of some honey-dos and Keith & I ran out to Surle's Loans, down from the main gate of Sheppard AFB. I had to pick up two of my vests that Sheila had sewn patches on and Keith dropped one off for Sheila to sew on his American Legion Riders Patch. Here is the front of Keith's vest. For more info on Surle's Loans & Sheila, the greatest seamstress Goddess this side of the Mississippi River, check this link: http://jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/2008/07/update-on-sheila-at-surles-loan-7-30-08.html







Here is Keith & Sheila as Sheila prepares so sew some other patches onto Keith's Vest.




I had taken a new vest down to Sheila before Christmas & she had sewn all the patches on it and it was ready to go. I call it my Harley vest, as this will be the vest I will be wearing as I putt around on the Harley. This is the back of the vest with my HOG patch. And yes, the "Jane Fonda Bitch" patch is supposed to be upside down..





The front of my Harley vest. Russ picked up the POW patch while at Andersonville Prison in Sumter County, Georgia. Andersonville Prison was a civil war prison where the Confederates put Union POW's. for more info see: http://www.nps.gov/history/seac/histback.htm So, I had Sheila take off the commomly seen, black/white POW patch and put on the slightly bigger black/gold patch. Thanks Russ, I appreciate the patch..




I also had dropped off my Blue Knights TX XX vest and had Sheila add on a couple new patches. This is the front of the vest. For more info on the Blue Knights, see this link: http://www.blueknightstxxx.com/main/




The back of my vest





As I have been losing weight (gastric bypass), my other leather vest has become too large. I took off most of the patches but it is still in great shape. It is a 3x with laced sides. I have worn this for 2 years and the patches still on it, have that used look.. There are small holes here & there that are a result of having taken off some biker pins. Some of the vest has faded a little bit. Remember, here in this part of Texas, the sun is relentless and the heat has softened up the leather and in my opinion, it feels a lot better than a stiff new leather vest. Anyway, if anybody is interested in it, drop me an email. I will let it go for $20. And, I might add, this is a heck of a better deal than if you go hunting on Ebay for a vest. Again, my opinion only..





The Back of the vest. The patches still on the vest are: on the back: Route 66, Ride Free, These Colors Don't Run, and the Eagle. The front has: USA & Freedom Isn't Free. The vest is Diamond Plate Buffalo Leather.
This will conclude this post. It was good seeing Keith & Sheila again and meeting their German Shepherd, Tina. Tina is a beautiful dog. Perfect colors. Also, and I will post this on my next post, I want to thank Russ for the Gremlin Bell for my Harley. I had left the one that was on it when I bought it. I was so informed of my grievous error, when Russ presented me with the Bell. The new bell in now on my bike, on the left side at the bottom of the crash bar or engine guard as you youngun's call them these days.
I hope everyone had a Happy & Safe New Years Eve & I wish happiness & prosperity to ya'll in 2010!!!
Scroll WAY down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN



















No comments:

Post a Comment