THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Saturday, November 14, 2009

FAYETTEVILLE BOOZE, BLUES & BBQ BIKE RALLY (KEITH'S PICS) 9-26-09

On Saturday, 9-26-09, Keith & his wife, Sheila, got on their Harley Ultra, met up with some friends, and headed out from Tulsa Oklahoma enroute to Fayetteville Arkansas for the 10th Annual Booze, Blues & BBQ Bike Rally. According to the U.S. Census, the population of Fayetteville is a little over 67,000 folks. The bike rally brings an additional 400,000 + bikes to the city. As a matter of fact, they had to move the rally to the city's south side for more room. I had to delete the original post on this due to the number of pic's & descriptions Keith sent me on the follow up email. It would of taken me a long time to edit them in. It was easier to redo the post. I apologize to those of you who had commented on the post but I could not re insert your comments. I invite you to post another comment.. The following are Keith's photo's of the Rally and are used with his permission. Scroll down and enjoy some of the sites of the 2009 Fayetteville Arkansas Booze, Blues & BBQ Bike Rally. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURES..




We left Tulsa and flew down Hwy 412 East to Springdale, Ark. We hit Hwy 71A Southbound to Fayetteville. We were not sure exactly which exit to take to get to the events set up South of town. It was easy enough to figure out with all the motorcycles everywhere. All these bikes looked like they knew where they were going. If not, I was not going to be the only person lost. So I followed them East on Hwy 180.






After making 3 passes thru the parking lot, we found this spot to park in. Sheila is putting up the helmets and getting her purse. We are in the lot just East of all the BBQ and vendors tents.
(For more on this event, see: http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/)..John







Another group next to us had just arrived also.




From where we parked, this is a view looking West at all the vendors.





Another view looking west





Sheila likes this tank because it looked 3-d





Another group of bikers








A view West towards the tents. We are starting to get close. I am going to the first food vendor I see. I am starving




Before we cross the street I look back towards the bikes.





I had these fine officers stop the traffic so I could hurry and get up to the food vendor's. I showed them my badge and asked if they knew where the donuts were. They said they were all gone but they did point me in the direction of the best BBQ around. The officers were in great spirits for someone standing in the street with 200,000 + bikes roaring by all day.




Bikes coming in




And bikes going out


Yeah, we finally are where it's at



Sheila had a Manhattan sandwich . They put sliced brisket and cole slaw on a bun with sauce, onion and pickles. Sheila loved it. Me , I am old fashioned. I just ordered a whole slab of ribs and a beer. We found a curb to sit on and I ate the whole thing. Sheila had to go get me another beer because I could not get up after eating so much. That’s alright, I ride a big bike and it will hold the extra weight




One of the bike dealers out there. I believe these are Big Dog bikes







Looking down one of the rows of tents. Bike patches, leathers & all type accessories. Motorcycle dealers , custom painters, you name it and it was there. Had one of the patch people sew upside down, a jane fonda Traitor Bitch patch on my second vest. First vest already has one on it.





We are leaving the area to go up to Dickson St. for the rest of the fun





Sheila sitting on the ground in the parking lot behind their Harley Ultra Classic...






When we got back to my bike , this home made trike was next to me.


I would ride this everywhere





Standing at my bike, Sheila was gearing up and I took another photo of all the bikes that had come in since we arrived. I was lucky I could find my bike, as there were thousands of them everywhere.

Another view to the West down the line of bikes in the parking lot



Green is not my choice of colors but this does look good






Nice home built trailer. I saw a lot of trailers and there was even a trailer dealer out here




This trike was parked next to Keith's Ultra when they got back to the bike...

We stopped and got something to drink here because I was tired of paying a small fortune for a beer or Pepsi at the tents..

Traffic was backed up ½ mile before we finally got to turn on Dickson St. This was the first parking lot we saw. We are at the far east end of everything but I looked ahead and all I saw was bikes. We decided it was better to walk. Besides I wanted to get a beer





Parking lot where I parked




We have walked West for about 2 blocks when I stopped, turned around looking back to where I parked and took this photo..


Welcome to the start of Bikes Blues and BBQ

I am looking West down Dickson St. it goes for about ½ mile or about 10 blocks
Bikes are backed up to the curb on both sides of the road...

Most all of these building were bars and restaurants





If you would stand right here, you would see this action all day






bikes were everywhere!!






Looking down Dickson St








We have almost walked to the West end when I took this photo looking back East




My camera battery went dead. This sweet heart found me a battery and was extreamly helpful. I told her that her photo would be published and she was so excited she told me to make sure the battery works by taking more photos of her. This is a pharmacy toward the East end of Dickson st.






This is in front of the pharmacy, looking at all the people passing by. Sheila and I decided to sit on the steps and rest awhile. We had walked West on the South side of the road, came back up East on the north side of the road. With all the side street vendors and the 1 mile walk, we probably did 2+ miles all together



It has been one hell of a day. We both had a great time and are going to do 2 or 3 days of it next year. I will take vacation and we will find a place to park our RV a week in advance. Then, comes time for the event, we will ride the bike up from Tulsa.




This is looking East toward College St





As we are heading back to the bikes I turned around facing West. We are looking down Dickson St. Those tents on the left were all over the place.
This will conclude this post. Many thanks to Keith for the photo's & descriptions and permission to use them as a post on this blog. I got a call from a a good friend, Billy, who happened to be in Fayetteville visiting his grand kids, when the rally was going on. He told me to mark my calendar for next year becausewe were gonna ride up, stay with his kids in Fayetteville and attend the rally. I am so looking forward to that. We will get with Keith & Sheila and have a great post about it...

Scroll WAY down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN









































No comments:

Post a Comment