THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Thursday, November 19, 2009

WELL CRAP!! WEEK TWO, NO RIDING 11-19-09

Today, Thursday, 11-19-09, I woke up & realized that today marked the two week point of when I was last on the bike riding with friends. Hopefully, this coming Monday, 11-23-09, the doc will cut me loose to ride once again. But, the pressure sore does not look any better to Janice, now, than it did two weeks ago.. And that fricken bums me out...Anyway, I got energetic the other day and wheeled the Harley out into the sunlight & took some pics...Scroll down and see the bikes that have been collecting dust lately and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.





Apparently, while I was nestled up in bed and covered with my Harley throw blanket, the cat had climbed up on the pillow over my head and went to sleep. Janice took this picture at 6:00 a.m. The cat woke up & started to sit up. Oblivious to it all, I slept on..


I got up and hobbled out to the garage & wiped some of the dust of the bikes. I then wheeled my Harley out into the sunlight & took some pictures. I call the Harley, SO, for Sierra Oscar, which stands for my Significant Other. SO is a 2001 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic. I did some research and Harley came out with the Heritage line in 1986. For a timeline on the history of Harley Davidson, see this link: http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/H-D_History/history_1900s.jsp?locale=en_US

SO's left side



The Harley logo on SO's gas tank



The Kuryakyn Hyper Charger. See this link: http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/15/scID/32/IMID/918




RED RIVER HARLEY DAVIDSON was originally in Iowa Park Texas. The oil dipstick cover still has the Iowa Park Texas location on it. Will have to change that out one of these days. RED RIVER HARLEY DAVIDSON, my second home, is now here in Wichita Falls Texas. See this link for more: http://www.redriverharley-davidson.com/





I still have Ms. Clone. She is an 08 Kawasaki 900 Vulcan Classic LT. I have put 33,500 miles on her since January 08 and is an outstanding ride...You'll not get any negative comments from me about this motorcycle..






SO & Ms. Clone back in position awaiting my release so they can go out on the road and do what motorcycles do, bring joy to the riders..







The Vance & Hines logo on the shorts on the Harley. These sound great but are loud. The neighbors are not happy since I brought SO home...
This will conclude this brief post. I'd like ya'll to pray for me that God sees me healed & that I get released to ride Monday..I would appreciate it & I KNOW Janice will be thankful. I haven't been the greatest person to be around since becoming "grounded". Thanks...
Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN








1 comment:

  1. Get the body well soon & get out & ride to heal your mind!

    Ride on,
    Torch

    ReplyDelete