THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

THE NEW CAMERA 11-17-09

Back in September, I received an e-mail from the "Vermont Mad Biker" in which he/she stated I needed to improve on my picture taking. (see: http://jjskewlstuff3.blogspot.com/2009/09/hmmm-well-this-is-different-9-9-09.html ). His/her e-mail got me to thinking and the thoughts turned into action and the action finally came to fruition last night. I mentioned in my post that I should get a good camera for the saddlebags and use it for when we are stopped on the rides/runs/events. I would still use my Kodak Easyshare C813 for the rolling highway shots. Scroll down & see what I bought. Geez, ok, ok, Janice bought it for me and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.










Since I still have almost a week before the doc cuts me loose to ride again, I will spend the time learning the new camera inside & out because this thing has a TON of features to it..

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26171/COOLPIX-P90.html





This is my new camera, a Nikon P-90 Coolpix Digital camera.




The size is like that of the SLR camera's and works just like one only it's digital & doesn't use the 35 mm film.. The front view..





The top view




The back view. I found this youtube video about the camera & it would be easier for you to watch than for me to explain the functions of this camera. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6zvxuPLpQY . I might also add that this camera is not a high priced camera and is in reach of most folks pocketbooks. It has that new face recognition/blink technology too. (Detects smiles and when people blink). So, now I have to thank the Vermont Mad Biker for planting the seed on this. I appreciate it. I will now return to the 192 page user guide and learn this thing and when I get back on the Harley again, I will take it on the next ride & see how it goes.
Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN






2 comments:

  1. The Nikon p-90 is a an awesome camera. I like the way it just kinda sits there between DSLR and point and shoot. Its easy to use and takes better photos then the average point and shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John,
    Bet you are going to like that camera. I bought Jody a Nikon DSLR and I have enjoyed taking pictures with it. I'll have to let you take a few shots with itthe next time I see you.
    Kirby

    ReplyDelete