THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Wichita Mountains Oklahoma Ride 11-1-09

Sunday, 11-1-09, Sissy set up a ride to the Wichita Mountains, Mt. Scott, Chaps My Ass & lunch at Ann's Country Kitchen, just outside of Meers Oklahoma. Invites were sent out and those that went had beautiful weather with clear sky's & a temp around 73 degrees. Scroll down & join us for this great ride and see who went with us. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..
I was going to swing by & get Russ at 10:30 a.m., so Janice got this pic of me after I rolled "SO" out of the garage and just before I headed over to Russ's. "SO" is my nickname for my Harley. It's Sierra Oscar & stands for "Significant Other". Janice may be my wife, but the Harley is my Significant Other..


I get Russ and we head out to the staging area at the Wal-Mart gas pumps on I-44 & Airport Dr. in Wichita Falls Texas. Here is Russ Northbound on I-44..


We gather at the staging area and those going today are, left to right: Bill, me, Mark G, Steve, Jenn, Russ, Mark M, AJ, Janis, Ted, Lori, Sissy, Robert, Larry, Alice, David, Tammy, Tim, Russell & Myra. We would pick up Dale on I-44 in Burkburnett Texas, about 12 miles or so North of Wichita Falls Texas



As 11:00 a.m. arrives, we get ready to go KSU. (kick stands up)




We pull out & get established Northbound on I-44. Here is a view forward from my foot board position. That is Bill, Myra, Russell & Sissy in front of me..





View to the rear from my foot board position..That is Mark G & Jenn directly behind me as we proceed North up I-44






This is Steve, our leader, NB on I-44







This is Robert NB on I-44








This is Larry & Alice NB on I-44







Another of Larry & Alice NB on I-44






Sissy, having too good of a time, NB on I-44





Tim & Tammy NB on I-44




Myra NB on I-44





Bill NB on I-44





Mark G & Jenn NB on I-44




Janis NB on I-44







Another of Janis NB on I-44




David NB on I-44





AJ & Lori NB on I-44






Mark M. NB on I-44








Russell NB on OK 62 as we headed to our first stop in Chattanooga Oklahoma




Russ NB on I-44. (couldn't use the solo pic of him NB on OK 62)...





Another of Russell







Another of Russ







me NB on Ok 62. Photo courtesy of Russ, who also takes pics while rolling on his bike... He is the one responsible for getting me started with the picture taking while rolling down the road on my bike, almost 3 years ago...




Ted NB on OK 62


Russ, Ted & Russell as we close in on Chattanooga Oklahoma





Mark, David, Ted & Robert talk as we take a rest break in Chattanooga, Okla.

Jenn & Mark in Chattanooga Okla.




Dale & Sissy at Chattanooga Okla. Dale is from Ohio and came down to Texas to ride with us for the winter...He said they have already had snow at his hometown in Ohio..He has been here one week.

Myra is ready to head out as Russell, her husband, looks on...




Russell is also ready to head out and continue the ride..




Bill is saddled up & ready to go





Ted pulls out to join the formation & Janis follows




AJ & Lori and Mark & Jenn get ready to depart the parking lot in Chattanooga Okla.




Here is Bill as I roll up next to him in the formation..







A view to the rear from the foot board position




We near the Wichita Mountains as we continue North up OK 62





AJ waves as I take a pic over my shoulder of the riders behind me






We turn East onto OK 49 and head to our first destination, Mt. Scott, which is ahead on the left...






We turn into the entrance and start up Mt. Scott. The view behind of AJ & Lori and Mark & Jenn




The view forward of Bill & the others as we head up Mt. Scott

Lori gives the peace sign as we continue up to the summit of Mt. Scott. Mark & Jenn are right behind AJ & Lori

We get to the summit of Mt. Scott, park the bikes and dismount...

David & Robert on the summit of Mt. Scott


Bill, Robert, Sissy, Tammy & Tim on the summit of Mt. Scott





The bikes on the summit of Mt. Scott





Jenn is having a good time on the ride & enjoying the fantastic weather... Jenn is a lot of fun to be around and both she & Mark are hilarious..

Another view of the bikes on Mt. Scott





a view of the bikes from boot level as we get ready to head back down the mountain. That's SO next to Mark's Ultra.





Dale is saddled up and ready to go




We start down Mt. Scott


the mirror view as we go down Mt. Scott






the view behind as we continue down Mt. Scott





The view forward as we head to the base of Mt. Scott



We get to the base of Mt. Scott and head to our second destination, Ann's Country Kitchen on Hwy 58





The view behind as we put Mt. Scott in our rearview mirrors

Here I catch Lori taking a picture of me taking a picture of her & AJ..




We get to Ann's Country Kitchen, and with the arrival of our group of 21, we fill the place up to standing room only.. Here is Ted as we get the last table open...



Ted all lit up by the sunlight as he gets the window seat...




Bill checking out the menu at Ann's Country Kitchen





This is Jennifer & me..Jennifer was our waitress and was one of the busiest waitresses there. She was fast & efficent and we appreciated her taking care of us and the great service..




This is Bill's "medium" hamburger. This thing was huge. Bill said he hated to see what the large burger looked like. He also got a large bowl of tater tots..




This is Ted's BLT. It also was quite large. It was made with "Texas Toast" and it took the use of both of Ted's hands to lift it and eat it..




This is my "small" hamburger on a plate sans hamburger bun.. I got this and coffee & water for $3 & change...We all left there stuffed to the max..



David, Robert, Tim & Tammy at their table..




The back table: Mark & Jenn. Myra & Russel, Lori & AJ and Mark. Russ & Janis are at the closer table...


Janis, Dale & Steve at the table with Russ and Sissy


Sissy inside Ann's Country Kitchen at the table with Russ, Janis, Dale and Steve (her husband)



Before we left, Ted had to "sample" some of the great homemade pies that Jennifer said had just come out of the ovens a short time earlier..




We head back out to the bikes. Here is the Ann's Country Kitchen sign. For more info & directions to Ann's Country Kitchen, see this link: http://www.superpages.com/bp/Lawton-OK/Anns-Country-Kitchen-L0129526623.htm



We get ready to leave and head out to our third destination, Chaps My Ass, a motorcycle apparel/accessory store in Medicine Park Okla.





Ted & David are ready to go..




Dale gets ready to mount up...





Janis getting ready to go






I just noticed this script on the rear of Janis's bike




We head out for Chaps My Ass. Here is Dale as we head down Hwy 58




The view behind as we head down Hwy 58




As we enter Medicine Park, it gets scenic with the leaves changing colors..




Here are Sissy's trike & Russ's bike at Chaps My Ass




Chaps My Ass, Medicine Park Oklahoma





Our bikes add to the number of bikes that were already there at Chaps My Ass..





Ted at Chaps My Ass, Medicine Park Okla.







Some of the bikes at Chaps My Ass


Russ takes a pic of me putting stuff in the saddlebags of SO





Myra & Russell at Chaps My Ass. There is an Ice Cream Parlor right next to Chaps, and several went there and got those large ice cream cones...







Sissy gets some help eating her Butter Pecan ice cream cone from Myra...





I don't blame Myra one bit for helping Sissy eat that cone..Butter Pecan ice cream is Great and I use to love it... Ya got good taste Sissy!!


Ted & Bill at Chaps My Ass




Sissy, Bill & Myra at Chaps My Ass, Medicine Park Okla






I looked across the street at this Moose X-ing sign that several of the folks were talking about..





In the front yard of the house was this abstract moose. Myra says the guy that lives there does a lot of artwork and was very popular in the area..



Me & the moose, Medicine Park, across the street from Chaps My Ass




Mark & Jenn at Chaps My Ass in Medicine Park Okla.






Mark enjoying his cone from the ice cream parlor next to Chaps..





Ted & Sissy as we get ready to leave Chaps My Ass and head back home to Texas. For more on Chaps My Ass, see this link: http://www.chapsmyass.com/






We head out and leave Medicine Park...

Mirror shot of Mark & Jenn as we depart Medicine Park Okla.


Russ hates pictures of speedometers.. So, as we roll East on OK 49, I take this picture just for Russ....







Mark waves as Jenn looks on as we put the mountains behind us.. That's Dale behind Mark & Jenn


We gas up and then head down I-44 for home... Here is Dale as we cross the Red River into Texas







Another of Dale South on I-44



This is Roy.. He & Karen are from Wichita Falls and we met up with them at Chaps My Ass.. They are friends of AJ & Lori and they rode back home with us..






This is Karen as we head South on I-44, back in Texas now..






The last pic of today's ride is of Karen and the others as we ride South on I-44, between Burkburnett & Wichita falls Texas. This will conclude this post.
Thank you Sissy & Steve for inviting me on this ride. The weather was perfect and the friends with us were a lot of fun... I had a great time and enjoyed riding with everyone again. I look forward to the next ride, wherever it may take us..
Scroll WAY down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment