THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Friday, August 14, 2009

Chaps My Ass- Medicine Park Oklahoma 8-14-09

Today, Friday, 8-14-09, we took a ride up to Chaps My Ass in Medicine Park Oklahoma, to drop off a flyer for a motorcycle Fun Run we are putting on for the Miracle League on Sept 19,09. I took a LOT of pictures today and it finally happened. Out of all the pics I took and we previewed, only about 1/2 were on the memory card when I pulled it to post the pics. I don't have a clue what happened to the pics of the middle of the ride. I did drop the camera in Chattanooga Oklahoma, but I wouldn't think that would affect the pics or memory card. Anyway, scroll down and join us on the ride thru the pics that did stay on the camera and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE...





We met at the Pioneer of Texas Diner at 0830 hrs this morning for breakfast, before heading North. At the breakfast were, left to right: Mark, David, Bud, Steve & me. Steve had just gotten off a 10 hour mid shift and although he ate with us, he opted to go home and go to bed as he has to work again tonight. I used to work mid shifts and I always opted for sleep, so I don't blame him one bit.


This is left to right: Mark, Bud, Heather (the Diner Hostess), Steve & me.



Our bikes as we get ready to head out.



We pull out and head North up I-44. For most of the ride today it was David leading, Bud, Mark and me at the end..





All the pics from I-44 to Medicine Park & Chaps My Ass are missing...Chaps My Ass is a popular Motorcycle Apparel & Accessory shop located in Medicine Park Oklahoma, which is nestled in the Wichita Mountains, just North of Lawton/Ft. Sill Oklahoma. Here we are on Okla 49 heading to Mt. Scott. For more on Chaps My Ass, see this link: http://www.chapsmyass.com/. See this link for more on Medicine Park: http://www.medicinepark.com/





Bud had never been up Mt. Scott in a car or on a motorcycle, so up we headed. For more on Mt. Scott, see this link: http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?City_ID=OK0203017&VA=Y&Attraction_ID=OK0203017a009






Still heading up Mt. Scott







A view of the Wichita Mountains off to my right (West)








It is a short, fun, curvy ride to the summit









Still heading up, but getting close to the top










At the top of Mt. Scott, we parked the bikes.






One of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge tour guides was on the summit and she took this pic for us. Left to right: Bud, David, me & Mark








We walked around and then headed back to the bikes









What goes up, must come down...We start back down Mt. Scott


Still descending...







I love going up & down this mountain on a bike..Especially when I'm with other riders..






Getting close to the base of Mt. Scott






After getting back down Mt. Scott, we start off across the Wildlife refuge. For more on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, see this link: http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/oklahoma/wichitamountains/






Some of the scenery as we head West on Okla 49







We turn North on one of the side roads that will take us in the back way to Meers, Oklahoma.. for more info on Meers, see: http://www.meersstore.com/







We stopped for gas outside Medicine Park and here is David...






Here is Bud..






Another of David by the pumps.







We were getting warm so we stopped at the Old Plantation Restaurant in Medicine Park for something to drink.. For more info on the Old Plantation, see: http://www.theoldplantationrestaurant.com/







Mark, David & Bud in the Old Plantation Restaurant.



We left Medicine Park and headed back South to Texas. I have to say this now: I was originally going to go along with a boycott of Oklahoma that is being done, due to the problems the PGR is currently having with the AmVets M/C-Oklahoma & and a decision by the Oklahoma CoC. But I know too many fine people that have businesses in Oklahoma and I have a lot of friends who live in Oklahoma and I can't punish them by not frequenting their businesses or stop seeing my friends because of the problems some in the AmVet M/C -Oklahoma are causing.






We stopped at the station in Chattanooga Oklahoma, and went in and watered up again. Here are Bud & Mark as we get ready to leave there







We head South down Okla 5..


Here we are South bound on I-44 fixin' to cross over the Red River Bridge. Texas is on the South side of the river..






The Famous Red River. It divides Texas from Oklahoma





We arrive back in Texas and here is our Welcome home sign at the I-44 border..






We are still heading South on I-44 to Wichita Falls Texas






Mark was going to take the US-287 exit so we swapped positions. Here is Mark behind me right before he turned off and headed West







Click on the picture for the view of our falls, here in Wichita Falls. It sits right off the overpass on the westside of I-44, on the Wichita River..





Last picture is of David & Bud as they get ready to exit off of US-82. I will continue West on 82 a couple miles before I exit.. This was a great ride today and I am really pissed about the pictures that disappeared. Oh well, we are riding again tomorrow, and I will take some more. If those disappear, I will get me another camera and blow this one up.. Anyone have some C-4 I can borrow for the job?

Scroll WAY down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN

































No comments:

Post a Comment