THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III


IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..

Saturday, October 17, 2009

MY NEXT HARLEY ? 10-17-09

Have you ever seen a bike that was really nice but you had your sites set on something newer? My sites are set on a 2010 Harley Road King or a 2008 or 2009 Harley Ultra Classic. There is this 2001 Harley Heritage Softail Classic down at Jim's Bike Detail Shop. The bike has 16,900 miles on it and is very clean. Today, Saturday 10-17-09, I went down to Jim's and took the bike out for a test ride. Needless to say, I have now lowered my sites and I am in LOVE with that bike. So much in love, that I am going to the CU Monday and see about getting it. Scroll down and check it out and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.






This is the 2001 Harley Heritage Softail Classic.


It has those Vance & Hines Shorty pipes on it. When I fired that bike up, those things sounded GREAT!!


The tank & speedometer


Another view of the right side.



The right side. All I'll need are foot boards for the passenger and a bigger passenger seat.




The front





There are some things I will have to get used to again. For example, this bike has the old carburation system with choke and little things like separate turn signal switches and starter switch location...






From the back..







I rode it over to the house to take Janice for a ride.





It already has the luggage rack so all I need to do is buy the tour pack that slides down over the back rest.





Janice on the Harley at Jim's. She likes it but it needs a bigger passenger seat for her comfort and she says it is loud.. I agree on the loud.. My neighbors are probably gonna hate my guts... When asked why I would trade my 2008 Vulcan motorcycle for a 2001 Harley, my response is: Because.....and if I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand...
I will find out this coming Monday, 10-19-20, about getting the Harley and if I do get it, Jim is holding it until the 27th and I will pick it up then...Wish me luck...
Scroll WAY down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. and North Texas Bikers II at: http://www.jjskewlstuffii.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from Nov. 08-July 09. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Pattie & Manuel................JOHN

3 comments:

  1. oooooooh, this is exciting!!! i can remember the first time i saw/sat/rode on my softail, i just knew... you will too... we just do... it looks and sounds like a great candidate to bring home :) such fun decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, good looking ride, I am so old school, nuthing looks better than Black and chrome, it just does it for me, but after 12yr of having to drive 4 miles on gravel road to get to pavement, other lighter colors are growing on me....
    Angela thought Janice was giving you the grounded look if you don't get her a decent seat to ride on! LOL, hey just between you and me, Angela griped so much about those little pillion pads, I went to TSC and bought her one of those preformed, foam Club Cadet seat inserts, hollowed the bottom and the back out so it would fit snug on the pillion and backrest, I did it to be onery, hell she loved it and rode a good 15,000 miles on it before she got her trike. She donated it to my niece when they got a Dyna. Just a thought.

    Nubbin

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, wishing you luck getting your Harley. If you get the chance go for it. You might beat Ted out with the waitress next time with it, just kidding Janice. It really looks great, but you will surely have to get Janice something better to ride on. She will like your new ride much better then. LOL I looked on Ebay at the Trikes last night. The bid on one was over $28,000 so I thought they must be bidding on a house. Nubbin is just plain rich. LOL Brent Proffitt

    ReplyDelete